Saturday, September 11, 2010

Elegant Recycling

I've been living with antiques and collectibles my whole life - some were inherited, others were purchased. That's what I call Elegant Recycling. Elegant Recycling is about incorporating beautiful pieces into your everyday life. If you are guest in my home, you'll notice a mix of older and newer furniture and design pieces. Being a dealer hasn't made me a purist. I shop at the big box stores from time to time. Most of all I'm looking for beautiful, functional pieces. My practicality and the fact that I'm the mother of a toddler necessitate function and the beauty adds a little sunshine to my day.

There is a growing awareness among dealers that Gen Xers are not getting into antiques and collectibles. Some theorize that it comes down to functionality. For more on this, check out this article from the trade publication Antique Trader here. I was catching up on my back issues, and read this article. I'm a GenXer who lives with antiques and collectibles. You can enjoy living with them too! I'll show you how. Check back soon for some ideas about how to use that 1950s coffee table that you inherited.

No comments:

Post a Comment